Friday, August 11, 2006

My First Blog



Today is the first day of my new blog. I've never done this before and never, EVER, thought I would. But my friend Christen Millburn has inspired me to give it a try. I'm not one to post my feelings and pictures for all the world to see, but oh well. I need to get out of my comfort zone once in a while and try something new. Besides, I have so much fun reading Christen's blog and seeing all her pictures of her family. What a great way to stay in touch.

I'm also trying this because of Jenna. I'm not a good scrapbooker or journal keeper but I know I need to do something to document her life and how much she means to me and Ben. So maybe this will work. Who knows? I'm going to try to do better at taking pictures of her and our family and this will be a great place to post those pictures.

So here goes my first real entry....

Jenna is sitting here sucking on her entire fist while I play on the computer. We ventured out to the mall today to buy daddy a new white shirt and tie for his interview at Duke University on Tuesday. We are all so excited for him and hope it goes well. We know he's nervous, but who wouldn't be? We're sure he'll do fine and are just so excited for him to have this experience. If he gets in we'll be packing up and moving to North Carolina in December. Wow....what a crazy thing that would be. But how awesome!! No pressure, Ben, but I'm really pulling for this one. I wish Jenna and I were going with you, but it's not exactly a cheap flight, so we'll let you do this one on your own. Good luck and we hope you have an excellent trip!!

No comments: