Saturday, August 26, 2006

Nap Time





Ben just finished a 5-night stint at work and spent a lot of time sleeping during the day. But I don't know who looks more uncomfortable here, Ben or Jenna. These are the times that I get the most work done around the house so it all works out. Although, a nap now and again would be nice, but oh well.

Ben had a good time in North Carolina last week, once he finally made it there. All I can say is that it was a stressful, long day until he finally arrived in Durham at 2:30 local time. Too bad it wasn't daylight while he was driving from DC to North Carolina. It was probably a pretty drive!! He loved Duke and has said he would love to go there, but we haven't heard back which we think is a bad thing. Oh well. He got some good experience interviewing so now he will know what to expect for the next one. But let's hope he gets in soon. These trips aren't exactly cheap!!

Jenna just keeps getting cuter and cuter everyday. We've managed to get a little giggle out of her a couple of times, but that's all. She's quite stubborn with her smiles and laughs and I have a real hard time getting a smile on camera. She's discovered her hands and thumb recently and you can hear her sucking on them in the next room.

We ventured out to the movies last night and saw Invinceable. Good flick. Ben can hardly wait for next weekend when the Utes open up the season at the Rose Bowl. He requested the day off from work and signed up for cable. And he's gearing up for his Fantasy Draft next week as well. Wow, he's sure busy, isn't he?! Life is good and we are plugging along each day. I'm still trying to figure out how this blog thing works. I need to figure out how to put the pictures in the middle of my comments. Maybe next time.

2 comments:

Christen said...

Katie!!!
Mike is on the phone with Ben right now, but I wanted to be the first to comment on your cute blog! I am so excited you started one. It's always fun to see the beautiful pictures of Jenna. Skye misses her birthday twin! :)

Stef said...

Katie! I'm so glad you joined the blog world! Jenna is getting so big! What a cutie! What is Ben applying to Duke for? We need to get together, we are practically neighboors! (until you move!)