I thought there might be some of you who didn't really believe me when I said she crawled into the over drawer...well here's your proof!! And, here is a picture of her racing up the stairs while I'm trying to get her PJ's on. She doesn't always have just one sock on and her diaper hanging out of her onesie. She's just very feisty and quite strong.
She also doesn't like wearing her bows anymore. In case you haven't noticed, I don't really know how to do her hair. Any suggestions? She has quite a bit, but I just have no sense of style. But I doubt the girl would hold still long enough for me to do anything with it anyway.
Here's some random Jenna info - She's got 2 teeth on the bottom and 1 1/2 on the top. It sure has changed her smile, but I love her toothy grin. She has refused her bottle for the last 6 weeks and in the last couple of days has had a total of 9 ounces of formula. The doctor says she needs about 20 a day. You should see her lock her lips and throw her body around when we try to give her the bottle. It's awful. And she won't take it out of the sippy cup, either. She will drink juice or water out of a sippy cup, but not formula. So today I tried whole milk for the first time and that didn't go over so well either. She would just take a sip and then look at me like "What have you done with my juice?" She loves table food and eats pretty much everything we eat. Her favorites - peas, hot dogs, string cheese, and animal crackers. She's a messy eater and I know when she's done when she starts to pound on the high chair, or when she tries to turn around and play with the animals in the print of the high chair. Weird, I know, but she does it! She sleeps great - down around 7:30 at night and up about 7:30 in the morning (and has done this for the last 5 or 6 months). She takes 2 naps a day - usually for a total of about 3 hours. So that means we (or I) really only have to deal with her for about 9 hours a day. Trust me, it was a lot easier getting up and going to work each day, that's for sure!! She is quite sassy (hence the title and her cute little shirt!) and likes to slap me on the face, especially when I tell her no. She also chooses when to ignore "No". I know she knows what it means, but she just looks at me sometimes like "Yeah, right!" She knows how to stand on her own, and has done it for 20-30 seconds before, but chooses not to right now. She walks all over the furniture, but has yet to start walking on her own. She hates the grass and when you sit her down on her bum, she lifts her legs up about 3 inches and tries not to put her hands down. I'll try to get a picture...it's pretty funny. Hmmm...what else....I don't know. I'm sure this was a little boring, but it's kind of for journaling purposes. She is the best little baby in the world and I love being her mom.
I know it looks like I'm posing here, but I'm really not. It's just that I have very few pictures of me with her, so here's one that we got, even though she's not really looking at the camera.
It was a beautiful day today and we had a picnic at the park for my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday mom!!
1 comment:
Well, look who did 2 posts in one week! Wahoo!! I can't believe the difference in these 2 girls... personality and size! I think I definitely got the mellow one of the "twins." That's probably because you are more patient than me!! :) Jenna is so cute. I can't wait to be neighbors! ;)
As far as hair goes... Skye rips her clips out, too. I don't have a solution but when you figure one out let me know.
So, I'm planning on you moving out here this summer. Just so you know!
Post a Comment