Thursday, August 09, 2007

One month from today...

We will be on a flight down to Fort Myers, Florida. I've been so excited for so long, but I'm starting to realize the significance of this move and just how far away it really is. We've really settled in to our townhome here and have loved living here. Jenna has friends here and she loves playing with her cousins, expecially Lexi. So it will be hard to go to a new place where we don't know a single soul. But that's the fun of it, right? Getting to know new people and new places....it'll be great. Just a little bittersweet, I guess.

We got an offer on our house last week and are scheduled to close on the 31st of August. We have a moving company coming on the 30th to pack up all our belongings and then they will load the truck on the 31st. Then we fly to San Diego on the 1st where we are staying in a beach house with my family. We fly home late on the 5th, Ben's brother is getting married on the 6th, he works his last day on the 7th, goes to the Utah vs. AFA game on the 8th, and we fly to Florida on the 9th. Sound a little crazy? Yeah, I know, but at least I don't have to pack! Wahoo!!! The moving company agreed to not have out stuff delivered until the 10-12th, so the timing is quite perfect. The only worry now is flying with Jenna across the country.....oh man. She does not sit still for very long and does not like confined spaces. She freaks out in elevators and barely makes it thru Sacrament Meeting on Sundays. So that should be a pain and I feel for every person on the plane with us. But, honestly, could the girl be any cuter!?!?


She loves to play on the stairs and so I caught her sitting there yesterday, staring into the mirror at the bottom. Like father like daughter!! She puts her hat on when she wants to go outside. It's so dang cute. And she tries so hard to get the shoes on. She's very idependent and gets quite upset when she can't do something herself. And often she gets so upset that she starts flailing around on the floor throwing a tantrum. I should get it on video because it's quite amusing actually. At least for the first minute or so, then it just gets really loud and annoying.
Here's some more pics from the last few weeks - we had a bday party for my Grandpa's 82nd birthday at my Aunt's house in North Ogden. Here's Jenna and Cooper (five months apart)

By the way, I will be much better at this blogging thing once I've moved away. I promise. But for now, I just feel like everyone already knows everything about me and my family and our lives. So don't give up on me just yet.....I will get better!

2 comments:

Christen said...

I'm so excited for you and your new adventure! Can't wait to hear all about it because you're going to blog all the time in Florida, right??? :)

Good luck on the flight. Bring lots of snacks and small toys and DUM DUMS and a DVD player if you can! Good thing Ben will be with you to help.

Stef said...

I hope you guys have survived your moving trip! I feel bad that we didn't get together before you left! The timing was hard with our baby! Make sure you let us know when you are back in Utah so we can see you.