Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Summer's here!!


We have been to the pool quite a few times now and she really loves it. I can't say that she did from the beginning, because the first couple of times we went, she just yelled for the first ten minutes or so before she relaxed a little bit. But now she's ready to get in as soon as she sees the water and she'll stay in it all day if I let her. She's just like her mom and loves to people-watch. She's so interested in what other people are doing, moreso that what she's doing herself. She just yells along with all the other kids playing in the pool, as if she was playing along with them.

Speaking of yelling.....the girl will not stop! I have never had so many headaches in my life. I dont understand why this is her form of communication. Honestly, Ben and I are rather quiet, calm people. But we can hardly take this girl anywhere. The other day we were at a Stake BBQ and we were eating our hamburgers in this large pavilion, and of course, Jenna was just yelling the whole time. I look over and there's this boy, about 4, with his hands over his ears looking at her. And then 5 minutes later, he let out an "Ahhh" and then put his finger to his mouth telling her to shush. It was funny, but quite embarrassing. And then, I went to my sister's last week to babysit her 4 girls, and 5 minutes after we'd been there, Shelby was commenting on how loud Jenna can scream. They laughed the first couple of times, but after a few minutes of it, they were even acting annoyed. I promise, I'm not exaggerating, which I tend to do, but not this time. My little sister told me to start yelling back. I've tried it a few times, in the seclusion of my own home, but she just looks at me, smiles, and yells louder. She thinks it's a game. What's a mom to do?!?!?!

We found a townhouse to rent in Florida that we're real excited about. It's brand new and has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. It's in a golfcourse community and has a beautiful community pool. We think we got a pretty good deal on this place so we'll see. We're not going down there before we move....we're just taking our chances. I know, I know, there's a million horror stories about people doing this sort of thing, but what can you do? We've talked to the people a couple of times and emailed several. They seem pretty honest about it so I think we'll be okay. And if not, we'll learn out lesson, won't we. So if anyone wants to come visit, we think we'll have a place for you to stay. We're so excited to go....we wish we could go sooner, but oh well. We haven't had any bites on our house yet. I'm not nervous, though. Not for a few more weeks at least. I think we'll get something. And if you know of anyone looking.....
She's walking over the place and although she's had a large bruise on her bum the last few days, she's getting quite good. This is now her choice of cruising and she's a pretty determined little girl. 90% of the time she gets right back up after she falls. Her favorite words are "ball" and "wow" and she doesn't say much of anything else. She knows how to give kisses (sort of) but be prepared for an open mouth wet one! Her favorite book is Dr. Seuss's ABC's and this is pretty much the only book she'll sit and listen to all the way thru. She especially likes the Zizzer Zazzer Zuzz at the end!!
We'll here's a couple of more pics of the crazy almost 14 month old. She really is a doll and I love her to death, but man, what a lot of work!! Oh, and Christen, sorry, but no pictures of the belly. I don't think I even have a picture of me pregnant with Jenna, so don't expect any with this one!! I'm 14 weeks now and might be able to find out the sex in a couple of weeks. We'll keep you posted.




3 comments:

Rin said...

I don't know how you do it. I watched a 6 month old for 2 hours the other day and I was exhausted. She is absolutely darling though. I can't believe how cute she is.

Christen said...

Katie... I want a belly picture, so you better take one right now! :) I'm so happy when you post so you keep it up please! Your place is FL sounds so nice - we'll have to visit you sometime in the next 3 years.

Jenna is hilarious. Skye is a jabbermouth, but totally shy and scared of everyone and everything. Definitely not like her mama. Maybe this next one will be super mellow?? Here's hoping for your sake anyway!

Lindsey said...

Hey Katie,

Jenna is so freaking cute! What a doll! I'm so excited that you guys found a place in Florida. We need to get together before you leave!!