Oh how I've missed you. Okay, not really but I'm feeling obligated to update this dang thing because of my family and friends. We are alive and well here in the Keystone State and so far so good. It's been over 3 weeks now and we are still happy to be here. Most of the house is unpacked and it's been fun to have so much more space than we came from. We don't feel so cluttered and on top of each other. The girls have 2 bedrooms upstairs, a toy room on the main level, a sun room, and a basement. But trust me, they're not spoiled. ;) We are really loving our house and especially the area we live in. It really is such a beautiful place. Just the drive to the store, or to church is beautiful. And it's winter! We can't wait for spring so we can see all the pretty trees and flowers. Our ward is nice and kind of feels like a "Utah" ward, meaning it's just bigger and has lots of families with lots of kids of all ages. Jenna is starting to make a few little friends at church and Dani only cried for about 3 minutes in nursery today. She's so funny because when I went to pick her up from nursery, she was the ring leader in running around the room. And when I said it's time to go, she shouted out "NO". I enrolled Jenna in a little preschool last week and she is enjoying going to it. The grandparents of one of the little girls in her class live next door to us so we are hoping to see little Ella around. Our neighbors are old, but nice. I might learn to like Wal-Mart because the one here is nice and new and has an 'Auntie Anne's Pretzels" right inside of it. Whose ever heard of such a thing? There are also quite a few Amish Farmers Markets nearby. We've been to a couple of them and they have awesome produce and meat. I saw the biggest apple ever at one of them. Oh, and the doughnuts weren't bad either. So, yeah, I guess you can say we're doing all right. I LOVE wearing socks and sweaters and jeans everyday. It's just so comfortable. And I love walking down to my own mailbox in front of my own house. Oh the simple things. Thanks for checking up on us. Visitors are welcome any time!
Love, Katie
Oh yeah - Ben! He's been at work for 2 weeks now and is very impressed with his anesthesia group and also with all the people at the hospital. He doesn't have anyone breathing down his neck and they have been so kind and helpful. He is working 7-3 for the first 6 weeks and then might start working 4 10's. But I can honestly say he seems happy with his work. What a relief! There's basketball Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings at the church and he hasn't missed once. He's loving it, but not too fond of being asked to teach in EQ today or to go on splits with the missionaries Tuesday. I told him not to wear that suit on the first Sunday....
10 comments:
Glad you guys are having a good time there! That's awesome! TOTALLY agree on Walmart--if it's a new one, it's suddenly your new favorite store? Old and ghetto? Not so much. we have a new one nearby so I now like Walmart :) Thank you for updating! Love to hear how you're doing!
At first I thought Jenna was trying to ride Ben down the hill, I didn't see the sled :) Glad you guys are feeling at home, we miss you
Thanks for the update! And all the pictures! Your house is beautiful! I'm everything is wonderful for you and you love it there! kiss the girls for me!
Your house looks like a home. I'm glad that you are happy with your move. We miss you!
What, no pictures of you experiencing Intercourse for the first time? :) I love that some people who read that comment will have no idea what I'm talking about!
Everything looks so awesome!! I love your new house, yard, snow, etc...
Congrats...we totally miss you. The ward and neighborhood just isn't the same without you. We are happy you are happy.
Katie! I am so glad you found us! And I am even more excited to discover that you are so close! We HAVE to get together. I don't know if you have plans yet for Easter, but we would love it if you guys could join us. Chads brother and wife are coming from NY, and we have extra space if you would like to come! We have a lot of catching up to do. Here's my #801-243-5453. Call me when you get a chance!
Love,marci
Where's the house pictures!! Glad you like it so far. One of these days we will get out there, I promise!
You will love Walmart. I lived next to one in UT and loved the one stop grocery/household shopping. And it's so cheap I felt like I could buy whatever foods I wanted/name brands etc... I miss it here in ABQ. We don't live near a super walmart, so I'm back to Smiths. Glad you are liking PA.
your house is so cute! Congratulations to both of you what an accomplishment! Coby keeps saying he needs to go back we'll see if it really happens. Glad your doing well and liking your new place!
Post a Comment