Jenna turned 4 on the 4th of May and had a week long birthday celebration. It was 'Clown Day' at her preschool on her birthday so she got to dress as a clown and take in the treat for the day. I wasn't really in the mood to bake and decorate 2 dozen cupcakes, so I convinced her that doughnuts would make a really great birthday treat. She went with it and so it was. We then went to Chick Fil A with 2 of her preschool buddies and had lunch and played in the playland. Sorry, I don't have a single picture of her as a clown or with her buds as Chick Fil A. But trust me, it was everything you would imagine it would be! When Ben got home that night we took her to dinner and after a little coercing, headed to see 'How to Train Your Dragon'. (She did not want to see a 'boy movie'. For real?) We all loved it and it was a nice end to a fun birthday. Or was it....
Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Les and Millie and Ty decided to come to town a couple of days later and boy did we party it up. We had promised Jenna since we moved here that we would have a party for her at Chuck E Cheese, so 2000 miles later, we took the fam to Chuck E Cheese their first night in town. Grandma came thru with all the princess decorations, including party hats, and we tore that place apart. You should have seen the number of tickets I won with my incredible Skee Ball skills, and let's just say Ben looked like Peyton Manning with the football throw. The kids scored some sweet prizes with all of the tickets and Jenna loved showing off what she won...
Cute little Ty
I wasn't sure we would be able to top the first night's activities, but I think we did okay. Saturday we got up and headed to the Inner Harbor at Baltimore. We hadn't been there before, and let me just say, we will be heading back. There is so much to see and do there. We spent our time eating lunch, wandering around trying to keep our kids from blowing away, and taking a 45 minute boat cruise of the sights in the harbor. Other activities of the week included Gettysburg, Hershey Chocolate World, and a buggy ride thru Amish country. We all loved having visitors and 5 days was certainly not enough time to spend together. Now taking reservations for Summer 2010....
Grandpa and Jenna on the boat ride in Baltimore

9 comments:
Happy Birthday, Jenna! Skye still talks about her buddy Jenna. We miss you guys! The picture of her showing off her winnings is hilarious! Was Ben behind the camera for that one?! haha
yay! its about dang time for an update :) ellie is dancing around singing happy birthday jenna. saying she enjoyed these pictures would be an understatement! and yes, jennas winnigs pic made me laugh out loud!
I cant believe she is 4!! How fun you guys look like you are having a blast out there! We miss you a lot and still wish you were our neighbors!! Your girls get cuter every time I see them! Say Hi to Ben and hope to see you soon!
How fun! Hallie's almost 4, can you believe you've got a 4 year old? It's so fun to live where there's so many things to do, but a visit from family is never quite long enough!
It looks like you guys have a great area of the country to sight see and enjoy for the rest of the summer. Happy Birthday to Jenna! I can't believe it has already been four years. We really miss you guys. Your girls are getting so big! Let us know when you are coming back to Utah.
I did the LOL thing when I saw the picture of Mom and Dad with the party hats on.. They're great sports! Glad you had fun!
LOVE that she was flippen the bird in one of those pictures. I LOVE IT! I love chuck E. Cheese! Wish I could have been there!
Yeah!!!!Happy Birthday Jenna! It looks like you had a great birthday. I'm jealous that you got to go to Chuck E. Cheese. And you got to be a clown on your birthday - that's something we all just get to dream about. You are a very lucky girl. =) We love you guys! Michele
Good synopsis of our sweet trip! However, I look deformed in that picture of me!!
Post a Comment