We're back home where it was a balmy 95 degrees today with 90% humidity. Yuck, I sweat just thinking about it. Hurricane season officially starts tomorrow and I heard a weather report where they are predicting an "active" hurricane season. Hmmm....should I be worried or excited? We decided that we ought to get ourselves a 72 hour emergency kit together and so I think that will be our FHE activity tomorrow night. We had a small preview of the crazy weather this afternoon when a mighty thunderstorm hit while we drove home from the YMCA. Within 5 minutes the streets are covered in over an inch or rain and the ponds in our neighborhood looked higher than normal. The thunder and lightning were incredible and Jenna loves to yell "Funder" when it hits. She likes the rainstorms too so it was fun to watch. Speaking of the YMCA, we have signed up at the one down our street and let me just say it is totally awesome. We can't wait to go all the time. The pool is great for the kiddies, and the weight room is huge and they offer tons of aerobic classes that I can go to and drop the kids off at the kid-watch. This is just what I need down here. Especially with the summer coming because you just don't want to be outside unless you are at the pool or the beach.
We had a great time in Utah and it sure didn't feel like I was there for 2 1/2 weeks. Time sure did fly and I think we all know who had the best time - Jenna. She enjoyed playing with all the cousins so much. Or should I say, bossing them around? Man, where does she get it from?! Luckily, they didn't seem to mind and it was great to see her so happy with everyone. Thanks to you all for making it such a fun time. We really enjoyed seeing so many family and friends that we hadn't seen in a while. Until next time....
Here are a few pics from the trip. Don't feel bad if you're not in any of them. I'm not very good at remembering to take pictures.
Dani, Marshall, Millie
Dani is one month older than Marshall and Millie. Such cute babies!
6 comments:
I totally laughed out loud at the cute family picture at Temple Square -- Jenna's face is classic! Glad you had a fun time. I want to go to Utah!! This humidity is killin' me!
It's about freakin time! I love the new blog and the pictures are adorable! Next time you're in Utah we need to have you over for dinner or something! Love you.
Such cute pics, I am so glad you had a fun time - where and who took all of your new pics on the title and side? They are really cute.
The new pictures turned out great! It was soooo good to see you guys. I couldn't believe how much Jenna had grown up. Your girls are beautiful. It's a good thing too because with the way things work in this family you will only be having girls! Ha, ha, ha.... Anyway, I was going to say that my sister, Lori, is always raving about how much she loves going to the "Y" (YMCA) in Minnesota. They have had a ton of fun at their local YMCA.
I miss you already!! Guess I need to plan a trip to FL ASAP, but I think I'll wait until AFTER hurrican season. Thanks for such a fun time while you guys were here, we loved meeting Dani finally - what a cutie! She and Mil will be the best of friends!
katie- your family is just so cute! It was so good to see you guys.
Post a Comment