Thursday, September 11, 2008

Success!

Potty training week

(Attention: This post contains graphic potty talk and may not be suitable for anyone without little kiddies at home!)

Day 1: Started out pretty well with her even telling me once that she needed to pee. But by the end of the day she was wet every 5-10 minutes and was getting mad at me every time I asked her if she needed to go. No poop today.

She wasn't wearing any shorts today, just the panties to keep things simple. But she kept getting melvins. I would see her stick her hand back behind like she didn't know how to fix the problem. Well I helped her a few times and the rest of the day when she had one she'd come up to me and say "Uhh...melting".

Day 2: Started off where Monday night ended. She pooped - but in her panties. And then I had my friend Melica over for lunch and I think she wet her panties 5 or 6 times in the hour and a half she and Nathan were over. The afternoon was worse and by the end of the day I was ready to give up.

Day 3: Woke up ornery and not looking forward to sitting at home for a third day in a row. I decided to break out the little potty that my friend Nichole let me borrow and much to my surprise it seemed to work. We had our first poopy in the potty!! She needed absolute privacy and every time I peeked in the bathroom door she would yell "Shut da door!"

Day 4: Not a single accident! She told me every time she had to go and I even found her on the little potty when I came down the stairs to find her after my shower. She really loves the independence of being able to pull her pants down all by herself. Pulling them up is a different story! I should have taken some pictures of her clothes tucked in her panties. Oh well. She's doing great and although I know we have a ways to go, I think the worst of it is behind us.

Now if we could just get Dani's little teeth to pop thru so she won't cry all night long....

Oh, and only one final left. We are all going out to celebrate tomorrow night!

5 comments:

Christen said...

Yay Jenna!! We're so proud of you for going poop in the toilet! ;)

Lindsey said...

Yay for potty training! It is so nice to have them out of diapers. One down- one to go- until number 3 comes along.

Steph said...

Yay! Oh the joys of it, right?

Sorry Dani's mouth is hurting her. Blake is getting some more teeth too, so I feel your (and her) pain.

Jessica said...

that is so awsome, I wish we were ready for that stage here. Jenna is such a big girl!

Nate and Eryn said...

Congratulations! Isn't it nice not to have to change 2 kids diapers anymore?