A run down on what we've been up to:
My mom was here last weekend for five days and we had such a fun time with her. Jenna really enjoyed having her 'gamma' around and hardly let my mom out of her site - barely long enough for my mom to use the bathroom. We had a great time hanging out at the beach, the pool, shopping, eating out, and of course, going to Busch Gardens. It was certainly the hottest it's even been when we've gone there, but it was still fun. Mom kept commenting the whole time that she felt like she was 'melting'.
Dani has decided she's not really into sleeping anymore. Her naps are short and she screams when I put her down. And for the last week she has been waking up several times a night screaming. I'm all for letting her cry it out, but that's not really an option with Jenna in the same room. So Ben and I have not had much sleep lately. Hopefully this is just a phase and she can get back to her usual self again. She is pulling herself up to her feet everywhere and is such a fast crawler. She's still very happy and has yet to meet someone that she doesn't greet with a smile.
Jenna's vocabulary is growing each day. She loves to learn new words and its fun to hear her use them. Her favorite toys are her puzzles, books, balls, and her train track. Still, 9 months later, she plays with that thing every day. Her favorite is to put something in the middle of the track and watch the train wreck. Funny kid! She's developed a funny laugh - somewhat evil sounding - and it cracks us up everytime she uses it. We are starting potty training tomorrow and I'm not planning on going anywhere for at least 3 days. I'm really not looking forward to this, but I have to get her trained before we start her little joy school in a few weeks. So wish me luck and here's to pooping in the potty!!
Ben is in the middle of his finals for his third semester. He's working on a paper right now and has 2 tests this week and then a week from tomorrow the full time clinicals begin. I know he's very excited about them and I'm excited for him. He's worked so hard thru this didactic phase of his schooling and it's fun to see him sort of 'graduate' to clinicals. Only 16 1/2 months left, but who's counting?!
I just enjoy spending time with my kids. They make me laugh and are a joy to have around, even if I don't get as much sleep as I'd like. We've really gotten to know the missionaries in our ward and it's fun to have them around. I try to feed them once or twice a month and Ben plays basketball with them once a week. They actualy just stopped by this afternoon for a drink of water since they were in the neighborhood tracting. You don't get that opportunity much in Utah so we're enjoying having them around.
No pictures today, but maybe I will get them uploaded tomorrow and do a picture post then. Until then, Adios!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Glad for the update, and all I can say about Dani getting up in the middle of the night, is it is about time you experienced it :)!! You know we have always been jealous that you have such good sleepers. Hope you guys are doing good, good luck with the tests Ben!
so glad you aren't private anymore. I love the pictures of the girls...they are beautiful! Good luck with hurricane season, we'll be thinking about you guys!
Oh Katie, how I can relate to Dani not sleeping. Sounds just like what we have going on here. The only other problem we have is not only do we have Jones in the same room with Marshall but we have neighbors above us. UGHHH! I have been so grumpy lately because I haven't been getting any sleep. Just know that you are not alone!
Good luck to Ben on his finals! How is your preschool playgroup trade going?
Austin still isn't sleeping through the night and I have let him cry it out. What is the deal with the no sleeping?I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. Good luck.
Post a Comment