No, I didn't get any Christmas cards out this year. We'll start working on next year's now and then maybe it will get done. But thanks to all who have sent us one. Jenna enjoys getting her cards in the mail!
So much has happened in the last month....
We did go home for Thanksgiving for a week. It was nice to get away and we got to do some fun things, like Ben going to the Utah/BYU game, both of us going to a Jazz game, and checking out the lights at Temple Square. Jenna even asked just tonight if we could go see the lights at the Temple. We enjoyed the time with our families and the few friends that we did get to see.
Dani turned 1 on the 12th. We kept things pretty low key. (Must be a 2nd child.) We did have a small birthday party with some friends in the neighborhood the day before where we let her chow down on her own birthday cupcake with a birthday hat on and everything. She started walking about a month before her birthday and is now a pro. I don't know what else to say other than I just love this little girl. She keeps us all laughing and brightens up a room with her smile. Happy Late Birthday, Dani!!
Next was our ward Christmas party...on Dani's birthday. They had a luau and it was fun to just hang out with our friends and eat dinner. They had Santa and Jenna wasn't too sure about it. All she wanted was the candy cane that Santa's helper was handing out. Funny because a couple nights before we saw the Santa at Bass Pro Shop and she loved him. I think she knew the guy at the ward party was just an imposter!!
Ben and I took a quick trip to York, Pennsylvania last weekend for 2 job/scholarship interviews. They both went well and so now we will just wait and see if they offer it to him. We kind of think they will so then we will have to decide if we really want to go. I won't say for sure, but I will say that I absolutely LOVED the area. Thanks to our friends the Fenus' and the Leishmans for watching our kids for a couple of days. I think it went okay, except for now they all have the colds that our kids have. Oh, and the minor incident with our house alarm. We just thought Justin would enjoy a nice visit with a cop that night anyway!
My friend Melica invited us up to her neighborhood for pony rides this afternoon. Her husband is a dentist and one of his patient's owns these miniature horses and offered to take their kids for a ride. So we got to tag along and it was so much fun. Yes, it's the day before Christmas Eve and we're all wearing shorts.
Tomorrow we might try to go to the pool. I know you all think that sounds so fabulous, but really it's no big deal. I would much rather have the White Christmas that you all are goig to get at home!! Ben is working 3-11 tomorrow night so that kind of puts a damper on any big Christmas Eve plans. I think Jenna and I will just make cookies for Santa and get ready for the big day. She is so excited and I can't wait to see her little face on Christmas morning. It's going to be so fun!! We hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas.
5 comments:
Hey- How was Christmas? It seems so wierd that you are wearing shorts. We got so much snow here on Christmas.
Anyways, we are excited to hear about your new adventure. Let us know.
Katie,
I hope you guys had a great Christmas! And Happy Birthday to Dani. I can't believe these little ones are almost a year.
Wow!
Hey Katie,
It's Stacy Larsen. I came across your blog from Leslie's. I can't believe how big you girls are. My little one is just a couple months younger than Dani. Check out our blog at www.kennyandstacymac.blogspot.com
Okay I can't get over the fact that you are wearing shorts! Hope you had a great Christmas!
hey do you know if Ben got one of the jobs in PA? Happy birthday to Dani! She's a big girl now walking!
Post a Comment