(You asked for it - so here you get my way too long and wordy update.)
Yesterday she went to the beach with her friend London because Dani wasn't feeling well and so I needed to stay home and take care of her. So we loaded up Jenna with the Fenus girls and she enjoyed the afternoon at the beach. Last night she looked at me and with a big smile on her face said, "I went pee pee in the ocean and it didn't even get mad at me!" Jenna loves to sing and we enjoy listening to her. She picks up quickly to songs on the radio and often tells me "I want it louder!" I also have to be careful to the music I am listening to on the radio. She is quite the Taylor Swift fan and can sing along to most of them. She also enjoys Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson, Pink, and Gwen Stefani. She is Miss Independent and it has taught me a lot of patience as I often have to slow down what I want to do to let her do it herself. It's great, though, as she gets so excited to learn new things. We are looking at enrolling her in a preschool 2 days a week this fall. Not that she needs it, but that she would totally love the social aspect of it, as well as the structure of being in a class room. And, I must admit, it would be great to have a little break a couple of times a week!
Ben is working hard at the hospital and we are both counting down the days to graduation. He is in the middle of his heart rotation and very much enjoying the challenge it presents. Although, neither of us is enjoying the 4 am alarm. It sure makes for a long day for both of us. (Okay, mostly him, but the girls are usually up by 630 anyway, which is way too early if you ask me!)
Dani isn't just attached to one binky - no, the child has to have one in the mouth and one in each hand. And if she sees another one she wants that one too. It's funny to watch her rotate her binkys throughout the day. I know we need to start thinking about taking it away, but it's nice to have something to shut her up when nothing else will work. She also loves her blanky and that thing goes with us everywhere too. She is quite the bookworm and if I ever can't find her, she is usually somewhere with a book. And usually one about animals. Her hair seems to have lightened a little bit, but she still has the olive skin tone that came out of nowhere. She is a climber and a little tease to her big Sis. She knows how to push Jenna's buttons and it's pretty funny. She will take something from Jenna and as soon as Jenna starts to whine, Dani takes off running with a big smile on her face. Most of the time I have to hide my laughter so I don't hurt Jenna's feelings.
I spend my time researching Pennsylvania - houses and fun things to do in the area. Kind of a waste, but we are just so excited to get up there. I'm also enjoying my new computer and going to the classes at the Mac Store to learn how to use it. I have been into politics and news lately and am currently on a Glenn Beck/Bill O'Reilly kick. I have read several of their books and also enjoy their tv programs. I like to feel like I'm still educating myself a little bit and not just getting dumber because I stay at home all day and talk to a 2 year old and a 1 year old!
We had a great time last week with my mom and dad. They were here for 5 days to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday. The girls enjoyed having them here to play with and I enjoyed having some extra help around the house. Now we are just looking forward to Scott and Julieanne coming in May for a visit. Can't wait to go to Disney World!! (Okay, Les, your time is running out to get down here. You don't want to be the only one to not get down here for a visit do you?!? )
11 comments:
Way to stick that one liner in there, Kate! You find me a round trip ticket for $300 and I'm there!
It is about time girl! I have missed your posts! Jenna looks so tall and her hair is so long!! They are both so cute and I love hearing their stories! thanks for indulging me and doing a post!
I love it! Steve and I are also on the politics kick. I love ORielly while Steve is a Hannity follower. I'm never home in time to watch Glenn Beck, but the little I have seen of him, I have agreed with. The binky thing with Dani is too cute. She'll give them up when there is somethingn more interesting to hold on to. Love you guys!
Hi Katie, glad to see some pics. Your girls are great--they were so much fun to see in January! So do I get to take credit for the O'Reilly thing since you really didn't know who he was when we were there in Jan? I decided if Huntsman decides to run in '12, I'm volunteering for his campaign..what do you think? Talk to you soon!
Yay for an update on your family! Goodness those are some cute girls you have. I'm so glad that things are going well. When will you guys move? So glad you had a fun visit with your parents. Grandparents coming to visit are the best!
We can't wait to see you guys!
Jones loved the picture of Grandpa as a flower. It got a pretty good laugh out of him.
"bout freaking time Katie! So do I need to get on the political bandwagon with you and Mindy? I may need to read up so I'm not considered the "dumb sister" in the group. :) Where do I start?
It is so nice to read an update on your family. I am very excited for Ben to be done with school and your new adventure in Penn. I am sure there will be things to miss in Flordia but understand how ready you are to move on. Maybe you could swing by Utah on your way to Penn. If you do come this summer give us a call. Good luck with everything.
Chanda
That's too cute :) I just love Jenna. Hey it's kinda nice reading your blog.....I haven't hung out with ya in forever...well...if we don't count church!!! Us gals need to have a break one night for sure! Anyway, I have a blog too! It's pitchforthclan.blogspot.com check it out if you want. Warning: It's nothing too special :)
Oh my gosh your girls are to cute. they have both gotten so big. Ya know we have the same problem with Issy binky and blanky we can't go anywhere without them and she is 2 yrs old. I have missed reading your blog. It is great to hear how your doing.
Love ya,
Wendy
Thanks for the update. Your girls are funny. We let Grant have a binky until he was at least two. We started limiting it to in his crib only, then we cut it and said it was broken. Check our blog...we're moving
Post a Comment