Sunday, July 19, 2009

"Dad, your face is boring"


That's what Jenna said to Ben today during dinner. We got a good laugh out of that and it made our day a little brighter.

Now, I know what you're all thinking, "What the.....? She's posting on her blog!" Yes, it is true. But I must say this post is for one person in particular. And that's YOU........ DAD! As for the rest of you, get a facebook account and add me as your friend. It's a million times easier to upload pictures and videos to that website than it is blogger.

Let me recap the last couple of months. Hmmm......let me think......what have we done?.......oh, yeah, gone to the beach and the pool. And that about sums it up. It's so bloody hot and humid down here we can't seem to muster up the energy to do anything else outside. You want proof? Check out the pics of Ben's face from the 4th of July. Yes, that is sweat dripping down his face at 10 o'clock at night. My mom once commented when she came to visit in September that she felt like she was 'melting' and well, that's a pretty good description of it.

Jenna took swim lessons and does pretty well for a 3 year old, if I do say so myself. She loves puzzles, books, jumping in the pillows, and alligators. Last week she yelled down from her room after we put her in bed "Mom, Dad, there's an alligator under my bed!" She also likes to tell us what time it is. Usually it's something like "Fifty-Nine Seventeen" or "Twenty-Nine Dollars" (just ask Kara!). She swallowed a quarter a couple of weeks ago. And no, I didn't go fishing for it the next day. We just let her do her business, took a peek in the toilet for a few days to see if we could see anything, and just assume that it made it's way out of her system. No souvenirs this time!

Dani likes to cause a ruckus everywhere she goes. But that smile of hers just makes everything better. She has started saying a few words - doggie, drink, juice, be be (paci, blanky, baby, poopy - take your pick) tickle, dada, mama, Jenna (nenna), No, please, and a 6 or 7 animal sounds. She and Jenna play so well together and it's fun to watch them entertain themselves. She loves the pool and the beach and it's nice to put her little floaties on let her have some freedom in the water.

Ben and I went parasiling for our anniversary and it was the coolest thing ever. Oh, and I won tickets on the radio last week to the American Idol concert next week. Who does that? I guess losers like me who can recognize Jessica Simpson's voice in a sound bite. Either way, we are going to the concert and I'm totally wearing an 'I Heart Kris Allen' shit. It's gonna be awesome!

















12 comments:

Jeanne said...

Katie - Thanks for updating your blog for me. I enjoyed reading the updates and your comments and seeing all of the pictures. Don't be so long between posts next time. By the way, what are you going to wear to the Idol concert? I hope you meant to say a Kris Allen shirt. Or, maybe you didn't. Then, you have been in Florida too long. Thanks again - Dad

B said...

Is that a Kris Allen shirt or shit?

Mindy said...

Hey, if you're going to use language like that on your blog I'm going to have to block you:) Loved the pics!

Katie said...

Sorry everyone. But I'm not gonna fix it just yet. Leslie and I laughed so hard when she called and told me that I think you all deserve a good laugh today. By the way, how come no one mentioned that I spelled parasailing wrong? :)

Michele said...

parasailing is just too big a word, but I gotta tell you I love Kris Allen's shit too! Ha ha ha. Hey, it was good to see the new pics and I have to say I have always thought Ben had a boring face. ha ha. Love ya though Ben, I think of you every time I look at my son - who does not have a boring face. =)

Lyndsay said...

Holy crap! :) Thanks for the best laugh I have in a long time! Waiting for you to update your blog was worth the wait! lol

The Randy Man and Ma Ma Jo said...

My kids got a kick out of your "shirt" too, I am not a brave as Michele. Randy and the 3 older kids are on face book, I haven't had time to myself, or on the computer. Still trying to get settled 3 weeks after moving, but it's GREAT to be in our own place!!! Love you all Connie
(I can't spell either, Jacie is hanging over my shoulder letting me know of all my mistakes.)

lisa said...

oh katie- you crack me up! thatnks for leaving your spelling mistakes, i did have a good laugh!

The Tomlins said...

Hey Katie the update was great. And the laugh was great too. It sounds like you have been having a good time. Parasailing that is awesome, that might be something I would actually try. The girls are beautiful, and you look great too. Ben sorry but I agree with Jenna you do have a boring face.Hahaha.
Love ya,
Wendy

Steph said...

Thanks for the giggle! The girls are just so adorable. Dani sounds like a regular little chatterbox. Blake prefers pointing and grunting! A big change from his sis at this age. Hugs.

Armstrong said...

It nice to get a catch up on your lives. I can not believe how big the girls are getting. Are you coming to Utah anytime soon??? We would love to see you guys and do a group dinner or something. I hope all is good with Ben and his schooling. Well you have to keep bloggin because I refuse to facebook but Brad has an account. Talk to you later

Eryn said...

What in the world! Parasailing! That looks fun.
I need to call and catch up with you.