Sunday, November 29, 2009

Remembering Hailey


Today my heart is broken. Today, one of my dearest friends here in Florida buried her 6 day old daughter. Today, I felt pain that I have only felt at the loss of my Grandma and my Grandpa. But today I gained a greater testimony of the plan of salvation. As I listened to Melica and Aaron speak at Hailey's funeral today, I was in awe of their faith in our Savior. I was unable to hold back tears as I heard Melica talk of her special bond with her new baby. And the feeling that she had that this special spirit had a different mission than her other 2 children. She was so poised and calm and it felt as if she was comforting the members of the congregation. I am truly blessed to call Melica and Aaron friends. Thank you for teaching me to have faith in the Savior and in his plan. And thank you for reminding me to hug and kiss my little girls one more time tonight.

3 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Katie and Ben,
WE are so sorry about your friend's baby. It it so sad. It makes us all so very grateful for the gospel though and the blessings it brings. Our thoughts are with you. Love Mom

Melica and Aaron said...

Katie, We want you to know how much we truly appreciate your friendship. Your love and support has been such a source of strength for us at this time. Thanks for all you have done for us. We love you guys!

Mindy said...

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about that. Must be so difficult. I wish them well.