Monday, November 12, 2007

Not much going on

Jenna's had a cough now for 10 days or so, but the last 3 or 4 days have been really rough. We finally took her to the dr on Saturday and she has an ear infection as well. So she's been on amoxacilin and benadryl and cough syrup and motrin. This has been really rough because she missed playgroup on Friday, Gymboree on Saturday, and nursery on Sunday. I guess she's been cooped up too long because today was an awfully long, whiney day. She still hasn't really adjusted to the timechange with daylight savings, so instead of getting up at 7:30, it's been 6:30. And today it was 6. And from the minute she woke up today, she was in a bad mood!! And it doesn't help that the neighbor's dang dog has been barking all day and woke her up from her nap and made it hard for her to go to sleep tonight. Anyway, where am I getting with all this? Well, after a real long day I decided to go to Target tonight after I put her down to sleep. I always feel better when I go shopping. So I hopped in the car to go to Target which is about 10 minutes away. So I get on the freeway and Target is just one exit away. Not too bad, right? Well, it's about 5 miles to that exit. And a mile before I get there, there's a flashing sign that says the exit ramp is closed and so I have to go to the next exit.....6 miles away. All the while, driving thru road construction which is slowing me down to about 30 miles an hour. I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but I actually started laughing in the car. Of course this would happen. Oh well. I made it there. It just took an extra 20 minutes or so.
Jenna looked so cute yesterday for church, even though she wasn't feeling well. So I was taking a picture of her, when Ben said he wanted to take one of both of us, so here you go. I thought black was supposed to be slimming....


Ben decided she was too sick for nursery, and since I had to teach YW yesterday, he brought her home after Sacrament Meeting. And this is what I came home too....

I promise, she does wear clothes most of the time. But I guess I like to take pictures of her when she's not! Looks like she gets her hops from her mom and her dance moves from her dad. Poor girl!

Sorry this post is just a ramble. It's late and I'm tired, but I thought I'd share a video with you. Ben is studying hard and enjoying school. And I have an ultrasound on Thursday to measure the baby. I'm 34 weeks tomorrow. Yahoo! And we still can't decide on a name. I guess we need to work on that. I'll post again when I have something exciting to share!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

She looks so tall! She is growing so much!! How did the soup turn out?

Lindsey said...

Katie,

you look so good! I cant believe you are almost done being pregnant- you are tiny!

The Tomlins said...

Katie I love your blog it is so great to get to see the things you are doing and see Jenna grow and get bigger. You look great also it seems just like yesterday I was having a baby and now she is almost 8 months old I can't believe how fast it goes.

The Hammonds said...

It makes me feel better to know that other moms have days like these!
Julieanne