Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Since we've been home...

  • We moved Jenna to a toddler bed so Dani could finally have a crib. This has been a good thing as she no longer throws massive fits at bed time but she is having a hard time staying in the bed (while she's asleep). We have found her on the floor 3 different nights and one night she woke up screaming because she had fallen off and rolled underneath her bed. But all in all, it's been a good thing and I wish we would have done it sooner. Next up - potty training. But not until next month.

  • We switched bedrooms with the girls. Their room was just so big so we decided to turn it into our room + the office. This also has been a good move as it seems to have de-cluttered most of the house. Now our guest room downstairs isn't jam packed with the bed and all Ben's office stuff. Instead, it has the bed and Jenna's toys that used to just hang out in the front room. Another good move that I wish we would have done sooner.

  • I've started feeding Dani baby food and I still hate it as much as I did with Jenna. She doesn't seem to be catching on as quickly as Jenna did and it's just a messy mess by the time we're done.

  • I got released from YW and put in as RS Secretary. Our ward boundaries were rearranged last month and we lost quite a bit of leadership so all the auxiliaries have started from scratch. Nope, we're not in Utah anymore. There just aren't enough people to fill all the callings.


The rainy season officially began on June 1 and they're not kidding about that down here. It pretty much pours every afternoon. Here's a sample of a 'mild' thunder storm we had yesterday.






Jenna decided we needed to throw Elmo a birthday party today. Poor thing kept on insisting on party hats, but I just didn't have any. But we had cupcakes and candles and he even opened a present - a ball. It was pretty funny watching her play with him today. She misses not having all her cousins around to play with every day. In fact, yesterday she talked to Lexi on the phone for a few minutes and cried and cried when I hung up the phone. She then looked at me and said :"Hair-pane. Hoo-tah." (Airplane. Utah.) So sad...

Poor girl needs a bed!


And last, here is Jenna dancing to Maroon 5 on MTV. The girl can shake it!!

8 comments:

Christen said...

Katie, I'm the RS Secretary, too. Good luck!

I love your updates. Mike tries to put Skye in the twin bed at night, but we always move her. I'm not ready for her to get out of bed by herself in the morning just yet. :)

Anonymous said...

Jenna is a good dancer!

Lindsey said...

Does Jenna get those moves from you or Ben?? How sad that she misses her cousins so much.. I bet they wish that she lived closer too....

Jessica said...

Does she go to sleep on her own on the bed? I am jealous if she does, Max is just like Griff and can't figure it out! That rainstorm looks pretty nasty!

The Hammonds said...

I love the picture of Dani asleep in the Bumbo. How cute! Sounds like you have been busy since you got back home. We miss you and Jonesy misses playing with Jenna.

Andrus Family said...

I love the pic with Jenna and Elmo having a party - too cute!

Lamb Fam said...

I, too, hate the baby food stage! That's funny that you don't like it because I remember you feeding baby Jenna baby food at church a couple years back and I'd think, "Katie is the mom of the year, I'd bring a bottle."

Stef said...

Wow, Jenna sure has the moves! Too cute! I hate baby food too, but Rowen is still eating it and he is 1! I can't get that boy to move onto table food!