Friday, August 22, 2008

Fay, Fay Go Away

We survived our first Tropical Storm this week with no problems at all. In fact, it was quite disappointing. No trees or cars flying around. Just a small part of someone's roof landed on our lanai in the middle of the night. It banged against the house and woke Ben and I up, but it wasn't even enough to get us out of our bed. We just rolled over and assessed the situation in the morning, when we were both a little more coherent. No, Fay didn't cause us much damage when she came thru on Tuesday morning, but the rain has not stopped since then. It's really getting old! But rest assured we have plenty of bottled water to get us thru Christmas.

Thanks for the calls and emails. All is well here and we are anxiously awaiting my mom's arrival next week. And Ben is counting down the minutes until the Utes kickoff against Michigan. Let's hope and pray that we get the game on tv down here. For the sake of all the women in this home!

3 comments:

Coby, Lynette and Kids said...

Hey guys how are yah! So I have been a little anti blog lately, oops. Your girls are so cute! I can't believe how different they look from each other and since I saw them last. So were you scared? Man I would be on pins and needles. Take care, we miss you Coby's ready to start Softball, and I'm ready to babysit! LOL

Lindsey said...

I was hoping you guys would flee the state and come back here while it was hurricane season. Glad to hear things are good. We miss you.

Andrus Family said...

What a boring storm! Hopefully the next one is more exciting.