I'll be so glad when the month of August is over, and I think Dani will be as well. Poor kid has had a rough month and the sad thing is that I'm to blame for it. I had no intentions on blogging on the mishaps of the month, but with the events of Wednesday I just couldn't stay away. Let's just start by saying I made my first (and hopefully only) call to 911. That's right, I had to call 911 because brilliant me locked my 2 little girls in the car in the middle of the day when it feels 100+ degrees in our garage. And when we bought our explorer a few months ago we were only given one key and have yet to get another one. To make a long story short, I called 911 they arrived less than 5 minutes later and one broken window later we got the girls out within 15 minutes.
Okay, so accidents happen, right? Well, too bad this was accident #4 for Dani. Let's start from the beginning:
1. A few weeks ago I was at the pool with my friend Melica and her little boy. We were enjoying our time when I left Dani in her floaty crab for a second to go help Jenna swim to the shallow end. When I turned around to look at Dani, she was not in the crab. I stared at it for a couple of seconds before I decided to look down and there she was sinking to the bottom of the pool. I swam over and pulled her out and could you believe she hadn't swallowed any water. Smart girl held her breath the whole time. I don't really know how long she was under and obviously it wasn't too long, but enough to scare me and keep me out of the pool for a week or so (which is a long time down here!!)
2. A week later I decided to take my time getting out of bed to get the girls in the morning. They were probably awake for half an hour or so before I went in. I glanced over at Dani and she was sitting in the corner so I went over to Jenna and started playing with her. 10 minutes later Ben walks in and goes over to Dani's crib and with one look scrunches his nose and says "Eeewwww." The girl was covered from head to toe, and I'm not exaggerating, in poop. She had it all over her hands, her hair, her face, and sadly, her binky. For a girl that's never leaked a drop of poop on any of her clothes, it was quite the shock and quite disgusting.
3. (Yes, it keeps going) And yet a few days after that, I set her down on the ground at the pool while I helped Jenna get dressed. Didn't think twice when as we were leaving, my friend Kristen pointed out the ant pile that was nearby. Fast forward to that night as I'm putting her jammies on and notice 18, count 'em 18, ant bites all on her upper left leg. She never acted like they bothered her but they sure bothered me and didn't go away for at least a week.
Let me end with a plea. Please pray for Dani. Most moms pray that they will survive their kids. I pray that my kids will survive me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Sounds like a rough go of it. Don't you love how it can't just be one incident .... I'm certain you are an awesome mom. The best part, she's too young to remember any of it. Big hugs!
Oh wow sounds like you have had a rough month! I know you are a great mom! Your girls are sooo cute!
Hey katie
it Jeni, You are so funny! its ok to make mistakes when you are a mom. thats how we learn to multitask better in the near future. dani and Jenna are so lucky to have a mom like you. Your beautiful and so are they. By the way tell ben I said to get off of his butt and help clean up and stuff. J/K.. But being married to a smith boy I know that they are really airheaded sometimes. Good luck with all the mom stuff! and hopefully when I come down I can give you a break and would be more than willing to help.
Lots of love
Jeni Smith
Katie- you are so funny! I locked Ashlynn in the car before too. Only the car was running and it was snowing. When I called 911 they said they were busy with accidents so they had to send the fire department to help.
Anyway, I hope you don't feel bad. All moms have lists of mistakes they have done, we just haven't shared ours. In fact, I'm pretty sure mine are even dumber which is why I wont be making a list.
You are so funny!
What a crazy month! I have no doubt you are still a wonderful mom! Someday I'll have to tell you about my incident with Nora at the park where a group of CPS reporters were having a picnic. Sometimes bad things happen to good moms!
It's nice to hear that I'm not the only one. Being responsible for 2 other little lives isn't always the easiest job.
Wow Kate, I don't even know what to say!!! Poor Dani...it's probably a good thing that our little ones memories don't last in the beginning! When did you have the incident with 9-11? Wish I were with you and mom right now, but Mil is still sick (we had a really bad day yesterday) so it's best that I'm not there. Have fun without me!
I'll pray for Ben
Wow that sounds like a busy month. But hey it happens to the best of us. I still say kids should come with a manual but then I guess you would be reading all the time just to keep up. Hopefully you will have a better month.
Love ya,
Wendy
Post a Comment