Sunday, January 13, 2008

Time out

So we've been putting Jenna in timeout for a good 4 months now and it's seemed to work really well - until this past week. Now, when I ask her if she wants to go to timeout when she's being bad, she shouts out "Yes" with a big smile on her face and her hands raised in the air. She then runs over to the corner where we always put her in timeout and sits down. It's nice that she stops throwing her fit, but it doesn't seem right that she enjoys her punishment. And today, she noticed that the rug that she sits on for timeout was wrinkled and she went over and fixed it saying "time-out" with a big smile on her face as she did it. She's quite the character!

4 comments:

The Hammonds said...

Doesn't that just do ya in when you are trying to discipline your child and they laugh about it or actually enjoy the punishment? Jenna cracks me up. At least she cooperates with being sent to time out. Thank goodness for that!

Karyn said...

I love the pictures Katie.
She is a beautiful baby.
What is your address?
Aunt Karyn

Steph said...

Katie, that cracks me up. We are rearranging the rooms and Mylie and the baby are going to share a room and the other room is a toyroom now (which she sometimes calls her other bedroom). So the other day I tell Mylie she has to go to her room for time-out and she says, "Excuse me Mom, I'd like to go to my other bedroom for timeout!" How do we keep a straight fact around these little ones?
How is it going with 2 so far? I'm anxious about that!
Steph

Lindsey said...

I hate when they figure out how to work against you. Ashlynn will tell me she wants to go to time-out and then she walks over to the corner and starts crying even if she wasnt crying before.