Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

Ben is going on 36 hours of no sleep. That's right - NO SLEEP AT ALL. He had a paper due today which made for one long night last night. I went to sleep at midnight and he said he'd be in in a few hours. I got up at 2:30 to put Dani's binky back in and checked on him. Still going strong. Woke up at 4 and figured he was down here with his head on his desk sleeping, but nope, he was typing away. I told him he could wake me up at 6 to proof read it before he had to leave at 7:30. Well, Dani cried a little at 5:30 so I got up again and there he was still working on it. He finally finished around 9 and headed off to classes which lasted until 6pm tonight. What a trooper!

Ben also turned 29 this week and we had a great night out together. We had one of the YW come to our house and babysit for the first time since we've been here and it was great to come home and have the girls in bed already. I think we might have to try that again!




Dani had her 4 month check up yesterday and here are her stats:

Weight: 15 lbs 1 oz

Height: 25 3/4 inches

Head: 40 1/2

They all fell in the 75th percentile and she's as happy as can be. I'm happy to report she is back to finishing her bottles and has had quite a few nights where she's slept 10-11 hours. So we're on the right track with her. Although she has had a rough couple of days and I think it might have something to do with those 4 shots she had yesterday.


Speaking of shots, Jenna had one too. Poor girl didn't even know it was coming. You should have seen the look on her face afterward. She could not believe what they just did to her. Her cry was real for the first minute or so, but then the drama set in. The funniest was when she got off her chair to walk out the door with me. She'd been done crying for a couple of minutes, but as soon as she stepped off the chair she started limping the funniest limp you've ever seen. Kind of bull-legged style. You probably had to be there but the nurses and I were silently laughing our guts out! Her latest favorite phrase is "Kiss it better" so she was saying it the whole way out of the office. Such a sweet little girl!



Seriously, check out her hair. This is what it looks like first thing in the morning. I promise, I hadn't even run my fingers thru it or anything...


And here's what she looks like after a hard day at the park!

Thank goodness the Jazz game is on at 9:30 tonight instead of 10:30 like the last few. How brutal is that? I get all hyped up to watch a game and I fall asleep before the first quarter is even over. So goes life on the east coast, I guess.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

your kids are so cute, and they always seem so happy. We cant wait to see you guys. Happy Birthday Ben!!! Oh ya, and I hope you didn't stay up to watch the crappy jazz play. idiots.

Steph said...

Cute pictures! Holy cow Jenna is growing up. Is Dani sitting up by herself in that picture? So funny about Jenna and the shot, Mylie also has a very melodramatic streak, so I could totally picture the scene you were describing.

I see your ticker that you are going home in 17 days ... are you guys staying in Utah for the summer? I bet you are getting excited! Hope to see you sometime this summer.

Stef said...

I am so jealous of Jennas hair! Gorgeous! I have to put detangler in Makaylee's and brush it 1000 times a day to make it cooperate! Make sure you guys call us when you are in town!

Brynn said...

okay, I am so jealous of Jenna's hair. Here I am, so excited to get Londyn's hair in a pig tail on the top of her head! Your girls are darling. I am so glad to see that things are going well for you guys. Keep in touch!

Scott said...

Happy Birthday Jenna!! We can't wait to see you in a few weeks.