Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's been a while, so let me share

What we've been up to, one by one....


Dani

1. Loves to smile and laugh. She sure can melt your heart with one smile. Just wait!
2. Had a softball dropped on her head by her loving big Sis. Jenna always wants to play "chach" but still doesn't realize that Dani can't play. Dani screamed louder than I've ever heard her. But in the end, there was just a red mark on her forehead for a day.
3. Has decided she doesn't really like to eat. She never cries for a bottle and sometimes can go for 5 hours without eating. I've switched to the lactose free formula and it seems to be settling in her stomach a little bit better. She doesn't spit up nearly as much as she was a month ago. But boy does her poop stink!
4. Rolls to both sides and has started going from her stomach to her back.
5. Because of #4, the girl wakes herself up every night and doesn't seem to want to go back to sleep. I'd be more than willing to let her cry herself to sleep, but we have a slight problem - Jenna, who is sleeping 10 feet away, and who is not exactly a heavy sleeper. So I haven't slept well the last month or so. Mom said it's time to move to a bigger house. Yeah, right. I think we'll just have to let this one work itself out - in our bed!



Jenna

1. Loves to pray before she eats, whether it's real food or fake food. This is usually how her prayers go: "Hef Fodder, Mommy, Daddy, Dani, Gramma, Papa, Elmo, Zoe, Tigger, Pooh, Mickey, Minnie, Bryn, Cody, Kristin, Abby. Amen." It's absolutely the cutest thing I have ever seen. She also has to tuck in her baby or Elmo at night and prays with them also. How sweet!
2. Loves to sing and dance. We "March" at least 10 times a day, sing our ABC's, Temples, Sunbeams, Ball Game, Snowman, Monkeys, Tinkle Star, and Poffit.
3. Loves juice, fruit snacks, ice cream, popsicles, broccoli, pizza and chicken tacos.
4. Throws all the pillows off of our bed and jumps on to them. This is called "Peelows". She is so fearless and will jump off of anything.
5. Wants to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Tigger and Pooh all day long. How many times can you watch the same show?! Honestly, I have them all memorized. But I think we do pretty good limiting her TV time.

Here she threw all the pillows in the kitchen and jumped on them. Then she pretended to be sleeping. Funny kid!


Ben

1. Rarely gets to bed before 2 am and is lucky if he gets to bed by midnight. And no, he's not watching Jazz games (at least not on the night's they don't play) but he really is studying. I've never seen anything like it but he sincerely loves what he's learning. It's fun to watch. And not to brag or anything, but he is doing quite well. And let me emphasize Quite!!
2. When he's not studying, he does enjoy a basketball game or two. But can you blame him? HDTV is unbelieveable. It sure made for one great March Madness!

3. Is Slacker Radio's biggest fan. Check it out. And tell 'em Ben sent ya! http://www.slacker.com/

4. Loves to take Jenna for walks and play hoops with her in the lanai. They are best buddies. She always asks where Daddy is and when he's not home, she lets out a sad "Oohhh."
5. Can't get enough of Dani's smile. She just has to see him and she is all smiles. Too cute!



Katie

1. I swear my weeks revolve around what park we're going to. At least there are a bunch to choose from and we usually go with friends. But I definitely don't get to just sit on the side and chat with the mommies. Nope, we run from one thing to the next. First it's the swing, then climbing up the tall ladder, then down the slide, then over to the other swings, then in the firetruck, and over to the spider web. But I love it because she loves it!
2. I think I live at Target. It's quite embarrassing, but I have that store memorized. It provides our food, clothing, home decor, drugs, toys, and pretty much else you can think of, including lunch at Pizza Hut.
3. Try to prepare good YW lessons and activities each week. Tonight was "Career Night" and I think it went well. If I ever get around to it, I'll post pictures from our Fear Factor night back in March. It was with all the YW/YM and it was a hit. And, I planned the whole thing all by myself. You see, that's what happens when you have 2 leaders for all of YW and 2 leaders for all the YM. We're not in Utah anymore! But it was a lot of fun to do and I'm looking forward to planning the next one.
4. I'm planning Jenna's Bday party in May. It's going to be a "Mickey" party. I already ordered the decorations from Oriental Trading and can't wait for them to arrive. I think we're going to have pizza and ice cream and just hang out with some friends. Hard part is I want to buy her EVERYTHING and I don't know how to decide on what to get her. Ben wants to get her a trike. So we'll see. But there's just so much out there!!
5. Counting down the days until I get to come home. I can't wait to see my family and friends and to show off my darling little girls. I'm just so excited!!


Oh yeah, we went to the water park last week and Jenna had a blast! Check out this video of her going down the fish slide!


4 comments:

Kristen said...

Did I tell you that Bryn and Cody already know what they're going to get Jenna for her birthday? They've had it picked out for months!!

Kelly O. said...

I'm so jealous you live in a place where you can go to a water park in April!!! LUCKY!!! I loved this post!

Jessica said...

What cute kids - Jenna is doing so much - you have to post of video of her singing one of her favorite songs!

The Hammonds said...

You are such a cute mom! I can't wait to see you all!