Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend





We had such a fun Easter Weekend. It started with an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday morning at our church. This was Jenna's first one and it was fun to be with her hunting for eggs. She got real excited after just the first one and wanted to immediately open it up and see what was inside. It took a couple of minutes to convince her to keep looking for more eggs, but once she got the hang of it, she was all over it. She was so cute and I really enjoyed watching her. We have a fun ward with quite a few little kids so it was great to be a part of it all. They also provided a nice breakfast and all in all it was a fun time. The next day was of course Easter and I was so excited to put the girls in their new Easter dresses. They looked so cute and I even told Jenna she looked like a princess, which I've never told her before. But she sure took to it and kept saying "princess" all morning. Although, at first, I thought she was saying pizza! Either way, she looked adorable. I got a couple of pictures of her, but they're not very good. She's not exactly the easiest kid to take pictures of. So I just take what I can get. After church we had our friends the Montierth's and the Feliciano's and the missionaries over for dinner. We had great food and it was just a fun time. I tried to get pictures of everyone, but the one's I got turned out blurry and then my camera ran out of memory. So I didn't get anythig good, but they really were all here and it was fun. Jenna was so excited, of course, to have Bryn and Cody over. She can't seem to get enough of them. Hopefully they don't get too much of her!!
Dani is rolling a lot now and is so smiley. Here is the best video ever. We got her laughing so hard, it was great. Now pay no attention to the silly mom trying to get her baby to laugh. I know I sound like an idiot, so just ignore it. No wise cracks, Jon!!
And Jenna loves to sing. She sings along to her kids cd's all day and she loves to sings songs at night before bed. The most popular are "Take me out to the Ballgame", "I love to see the Temple" and "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam." She knows most of the words to these songs and it's fun to sing with her. We just finished lunch and were listening to my iPod while we ate. The song "Teardrops on my Guitar" came on and she started to sing along. It was so cute! She is a fun kid with lots of energy. Thank goodness for nap time! She's obsessed with washing her hands and doesn't quite understand the difference between lotion and soap. So we usually have a soapy mess on our hands when she is in the bathroom. I need to pay a little better attention when she goes in there. But it's just so nice that she can do some of these things on her own. She can also put her shoes on all by herself! And it seems that most of the time they end up on the right feet. It's so great. I wish we could potty train, but I think that's going to wait until we get home from Utah. I swear, between my two girls the last week, I have changed over a hundred diapers. I don't know what's gotten into them. Literally. It's not my favorite part of the day, that's for sure!
Well, this entry is quite wordy and all over the place. Sorry, Ben. But I just want to try to share some stuff that's new with the girls. And now blogger won't let me upload any more pictures, so I'll do them in another post.


1 comment:

Andrus Family said...

Dani laughing was pretty darn cute! Mil is no where close to doing that yet.