Sunday, November 02, 2008

A few words

Blogger won't let me do pictures and words in the same post right now so I'll just write a few things here about what's been going on.

Ben is basically up at 5 every morning so he can get to the hospital by 6 am. He has long days and comes home pretty exhausted, but he insists he still likes what he's doing. On top of the clinical he still has some tests and papers so he is quite busy. Funny that I thought he'd be less busy now. We are looking pretty heavily at jobs now and hoping to find something in the next few months. Not sure where we'll end up, but when we find out, you all will be the first to know.

Jenna is still trying to figure out the whole potty training thing. She stays dry about 90% of the day but still refuses to poop in the toilet. I really don't know what to do about it, so we'll just keep being patient. It's like she's totally scared or something. She loves the sound of her own voice and often talks herself to sleep at night and rarely do we have a quiet ride in the car. Her favorite phrases of late are: "I can not believe it!" and "Oh, darn it!" and I know there are more, I just can't think of them right now. She loves to look for lizards and frogs every time we go outside and also loves to play Hide and Seek with her daddy.

Dani has got a mouth full of teeth and we have all paid for it lately! The poor thing seems to be in pain a lot and isn't sleeping as well as we'd like her to. But other than that she is a good baby. She loves to climb to the top of the stairs and wait for me to come get her. She starts to laugh as soon as she sees me coming and then tries to run away as fast as she can before I grab her.

3 weeks and we'll be home for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to play in the snow!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Aww, the girls look so cute and they are getting so big! I bet you are looking forward to your trip to Utah.

Lyndsay said...

have you tried cold showers? Heard they work? lol :)

Nate and Eryn said...

Hi Katie,

Jenna's boots are really cute. I love their dresses too. We would love to get together while y'all are in town. For Monday and Tuesday before Thanksgiving, we could do Monday morning (Nate works 2-8pm) or Tuesday evening (Nate works 8-2am). Let me know which one and we can plan on it before your week fills up.

Lindsey said...

Hey Katie- cutest kids ever! Anyways, good to hear you guys are doing good. We sure miss you! If you have any time when your up, we'd love to see you, but if not, dont worry about it.

TTFN