Tuesday, November 04, 2008
My Two Cents
I'm saddened as I watch the Election Coverage tonight because it looks as if not only will we have a Democratic President, but our ENTIRE government will be ruled by the Democrats. I pray for our country and hope that something good can come out of this liberal turn our country is taking. As for Prop. 8 in California, I am also disheartened by the debate that seems to be taking place among so many members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. This proposition was on the ballot here in Florida, and I proudly voted 'Yes' for the preservation of marriage as being between one man and one woman. If there are members of the church out there torn for whatever reason on this issue, let me share with you a quote that was posted on my Grandma Hammond's fridge for as long as I can remember - "When the prophet speaks, the debate is over." (does anyone know who said it? :))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I have mixed feelings about Proposition 8, but I have to say that I LOVE that quote. I have never heard it before. Thanks for the insight.
Katie I cannot agree with you more, I am shocked and saddened at what I see and hear about members "views" Thanks for sharing!!
I couldn't agree more! You can disagree, but do you sustain the prophet? It's all about faith and if we believe in and sustain our prophet we need to have the faith that there is a reason for the church stepping in. I believe anyone who is so strongly against the church in this issue needs to seriously examine their testimony. I'm not kidding. And no, this is not following blindly -it's following what we know to be true.
So true, it's just disturbing to see members of this church fall to satans grasp in such an important time. prop 8 has passed, but the issue is not over and those members and supporters of the evil plan will have many hard times ahead of them and will try to make those hard times be apart of our lives as well.
ps. i was reading this blog today and realized it was your husbands name...funny, you should check it out! there's a good logo/sketch of ben smith...you can even get his widget :) http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1108/Prop_8_wins.html?showall
well said. It is so sad. It's like the scriptures say that good will be called evil and evil called good. So sad.
I like that quote too. It's so scary that we have so many democrats in office now. But the reassuring thing is that we have a prophet to lead us.
The world is crazy! Arent you so glad we have the gospel and that knowledge.
Katie I think it is sad as well. but I think if we are living the way we should and helping to raise a generation that will follow and stay close to what we teach them then we have so much to look forward too! I know that there will be sunny days around the corner and just because we may feel we have lost we still have so much to give. I am excited to see you guys in a little while let us know if you want to get together.
Love you.
What people need to realize is that God has always made rules and with those rules come consequences for not following the rules. It has nothing to do with judging a person or taking their rights away. It's all about setting guidelines and letting you use your free agency to obey the rules or not. If you choose not to obey the rules, you lose your rights. If you want to be gay, you lose the right to marriage benefits. I applaud anyone that voted yes for Prop 8.
Post a Comment